Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Brief Yet Triumphant Introduction

This is the blog for the staff, volunteers, and friends of the American Literary Review.  We'll be posting about our experiences working at ALR, book reviews, essays about craft, pieces of fiction/poetry/nonfiction from both the magazine itself and from our reading series, interviews with authors, and other stuff like that as it comes to us. 

Our plan is to start in very shortly with our summer reading list.  This started out as a special problems course dealing with first short story collections, but now it's kind of ballooned out of control.  We'll be reading Wells Tower's Everything Ravaged, Everything Burned, Bret Anthony Johnston's Corpus Christi, Jhumpa Lahiri's Interpreter of Maladies, Raymond Carver's collected stories, and Tobias Wolff's collected stories.  You should read along.  They are good books.

I'm Zach.  I'm one of the people who works at ALR.  I won't write an official intro now, because I'm currently the only one with access, and, well, that just seems gauche.

(I'm using the word gauche a lot lately)

3 comments:

  1. (I am aware that the layout is very generic and isn't in line with the other website, but I was on campus for 13 hours today and need some sleeps)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great buddy, thanks for getting this up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent setup. Not at all gauche.

    ReplyDelete